if you've lived in the district for longer than a millisecond, you'll know it's an understatement to say that we have some pretty bi-polar weather here.
50 degrees one day and 80 the next?
that's a standard dc spring. or fall. and sometimes winter.
luckily, there's a few easy tricks to looking your best. even if may and june throw us some climatic curveballs.
_ _ _
let's start with a rainy day, acknowledging the fact that, most likely, it's not just rain we're dealing with but also the stifling humidity.
here's how to fight it:
|via couldawouldapica on polyvore|
1. an umbrella. easy.
2. anti-frizz styling cream. any brand will do. just find one you like.
3. waterproof shoes. when the weather gets warmer, i tend to avoid my knee-high wellies and look for something shorter. less chance of your legs suffocating.
4. socks! wellies without socks makes feet very sad. and hot. and blistery.
5. a brush or comb. to fix yourself back up once you're out of the weather.
6. a light jacket. preferably one with a hood. if it's hot and rainy (a dc springtime special!), skip the extra layer here.
7. a lightweight scarf. to wear with the jacket if it's a cool morning.
8. waterproof mascara. just in case. humidity has a way of making some less tough mascaras evaporate.
9. hair ties. because sometimes rain likes to ruin hair.
_ _ _
now let's talk about how to stay fresh and cool on one of those crazy hot dc days.
1. a hat. to keep the sun off that pretty little face.
3. hair ties. because i'm one of those people who just can't leave their hair down when it's 98.
4. lip balm with spf. because lips can burn too. ouch.
5. facial towelettes. not always required, but they provide a quick refresh if you really need it.
6. deodorant. of course. and i'm not ashamed to admit that i keep at stick at my desk. i'm a sweaty kind of girl and it gets hot here. and no one wants to smell at the office.
7. sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen.
8. perfume roller. in a fresh and light scent like this grapefruit one.
_ _ _
so go ahead and bring the crazy, weather gods.
we're ready for anything.
_ _ _