the person about to re-heat your leftover pizza in the microwave.
i have something for you.
i learned this trick years ago (thanks to an episode of queer eye*; hey ted!) and it's been the best thing to ever happen to my pizza leftovers.
here's what to do:
1. heat up a nonstick pan over medium/medium high heat.
2. while that's heating, grab your pizza. and pop it in the microwave for about a minute on 30% power. just to get the chill off.
3. remove it from the microwave and place it directly into a dry pan. you can add olive oil here if you want, but i don't. (see below)
4. let it just kinda sit there, dough-side down for about 20-30 seconds. you may need to go longer or shorter, depending on your stove. but your nose should alert you if it's burning.
5. flip it over to the cheese/toppings side for about 10 seconds to make sure it's heated through (this is why we use non-stick here, so the cheese doesn't stick)
6. let it sit dough-side down for another 10-15 seconds. you just wanna make sure there's no cold pockets and that the crust has had a chance to crisp up. you also want that cheese melted.
just like this:
|leftover district of pi|
_ _ _
our pizza from friday night made a great saturday lunch. and it was pretty dang close to the original.
hello gooey cheese. get in my belly.
_ _ _
*wiki says that's what it's called. but that name isn't sitting very well with me. eek. i remember watching it, but idk anymore.